PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Friday 4 November 2011

The Mutts Mute Bonfire Night...

My poor old pooches cannot stand bonfire night - the fireworks really set them into a dither.


This is their preferred method of dealing with it


please note:  Pip does not really eat chocolate buttons, we know it is bad for dogs.


They both love chillin' out to music though - and Toby loves his cuddly toy.  
Somehow we get through it!  


Roll on next week.




***


Hope all is well with you Jonny - looking forward to speaking to you this weekend. 


Lots of love,


Mum
xxx

9 comments:

  1. Add a pair of safety goggles each and you could at least take them outside after dark so they can wave a gentle sparkler around and eat a baked potato hot from the foil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least that would be fun - but no, they won't go out after dark.

    BTW Having nearly had an eye poked out by a brother wielding a sparkler, I say they should be banned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor doggies, they never seem to like fireworks!

    I have just started seeing Cadbury Buttons in the stores here, but they aren't as good as the English ones. Canadian chocolate is inferior to British, in my opinion! My grandmother always brought me a huge bag of chocolate when she visited from England, so I got hooked on English choc at a very young age.

    The doggies look adorable in their headphones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS THank you for all the WONDERFUL limericks you are submitting to my contest. They make me smile every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Knatolee
    I'm glad you're enjoying the limericks, so am I in a perverse kind of way, although I think I am slowing down a little now. My husband has banned me from reading them out to him!!

    Tonight is THE night as far as fireworks go - luckily now that we live 'out-in-the-sticks' it's not quite as bad. Toby still gets in a quiver, poor lad.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo adorable!... what are you doing tonight? We're staying in with Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dom,

    We always stay in - to distract the dogs from any firework activity - curtains drawn, music on! Have a nice evening. Catch up with you soon.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you at Dom's site. I am a fellow limerick-er. An aside: our old pooch is deaf and isn't bothered by anything anymore.

    Remember when prepping a mallard,
    To sing it a most soothing ballard.
    The duck will relax,
    And practice his sax,
    Then, headless, run round in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello StephenC

    Welcome! I fear one of our old dogs is probably going to the vet for a final visit this week. She hasn't been very well for a while.

    However, moving on, I am so pleased that you enjoy limerick-ing!

    I confess that until I saw Knatolee's competition I hadn't written one in my life - but it is really addictive!

    Keep them coming - and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.