PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Saturday 29 October 2011

Help! Help! Come Quickly!

My sleep was disturbed at around 2.30am, as I became aware of something rattling on the desk.  I sat up and quickly flicked on the light to discover a very calm Bennie staring at hard at me.


Assuming that she needed to be let out I stumbled down the hallway to open the outside door for her, but she dashed past me, through the kitchen and into the conservatory, jumped back on the sofa and curled up ready for sleep!  


It seems that she hadn't woken me up for herself - it was her chum Sparky who needed to be let out - and PDQ!  Sparky was off like a rocket as soon as the door was opened; Bennie went back to sleep until morning.
So, Sparky needed to go out but it was Bennie who came down to the bedroom and woke me on her behalf.  Animals are so much more intelligent than some people give them credit for.  


***


I hope you are having a great weekend Jonny.  We'll be at home all day tomorrow...  Did you get your Dad's email(s)?


Lots of love,


Mum
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.