PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Monday 26 September 2011

COLOURS OF MY LIFE


I felt in need of some cheery colour today, so I searched the sadly depleted pots on the patio and managed to find these lovely flowers.  What I like most about this photograph is the way it looks as though a spot has fallen off the cup (below the handle) and onto the stone.


I love the colour of these too.  For far too many years I thought that flowers had to be big and showy, vases stuffed full of foliage and blooms and yet I got so much enjoyment from these little odds and ends.  


The bottles were found during excavation work on the house, and the lovely piece of wood at the back was carved by Peter the previous owner of our last  house.   He was working on carving a replacement rood screen for a church and this was a trial piece.  Although it is only a rough piece of carving I really like it.




So, I have spent a quiet day just doing some sewing.  


Luckily George has been rather busier and has continued to do some bricklaying, finishing the headers on the patio wall.  I can report that it is looking really good, Jonny.  I haven't taken any photographs, and I won't until it is completely finished.  I think you will be pleased though.


The following photographs have been taken in our garden, but not by me
this little bug has not been photo-shopped in any way - isn't it beautiful?  It almost looks like a cartoon character.  I wish I had taken the photo but I have to thank Ian (my brother) for this one and the next one too.
So, between happy little bugs and beautiful colours who could feel dull and jaded for long?


I hope today went well for you Jonny.


Lots of love,
Mum
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.