PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Monday 5 September 2011

A BIRTHDAY PARTY, TORRENTIAL RAIN & A FIRM RESOLUTION

No photograph today - we have been out to the Railway Tavern to celebrate Pam's birthday. It was lovely, a very civilised luncheon party.  I think there were about twenty of us - ranging in age from five-and-a-half months to mid-eighties.  It was great to meet up with old friends, and also to make new ones.


The food and the conversation were great - especially as we learned a great deal more local history, relating to some monasteries and churches.  Could the wonderful stones in our garden have come from one of them?  We will never know for sure, but it is wonderful to speculate and ponder.


The morning was dry, but cold.  By mid-afternoon it the rain which had been forecast arrived, and it was very heavy rain!  The rain butts are brimming now.  More heavy rain and very strong winds are forecast over the next few days.  It may not officially be autumn yet, but I can certainly feel it approaching.


The firm resolution is to not have any wine during the day.  We had wine with the meal, 2-3 glasses, plus good old water, and ended with a coffee.  I suppose it is because we don't drink a great deal but it feels as though we have just wasted the afternoon by feeling drowsy - I suppose the heavier than normal meal didn't help either!  What a pair of lightweights!


I have been for a run and feel much livelier now.


Love,


Mum
xxx


PS  Ian has just sent me this wonderful photograph of Bennie, I thought you'd like to see it Jonny ...
doesn't she look spectacular with blue eyes!  I love her with her yellow ones - but if she ever needs contact lenses...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.