PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Thursday 22 September 2011

A PACKED CASE, SOME SPOTTY HAMSTERS AND A BIG RED TRACTOR

To Harry's delight the big red tractor was parked in 'our' field while Farmer Martin T did the ploughing in the next field over with the yellow tractor.  Grandpa and Harry couldn't resist the opportunity to investigate it.
Grandpa George would insist that it was 'Little Red Tractor' but Harry disagreed - quite rightly.


I am so happy, today George gave me my ancient sandals and thereby granted me my freedom!  I feel almost as happy as Dobby was when he was given Harry Potter's sock.  I have been able to hobble to feed the chickens, look at the vegetables (woo-hoo!) and goodness have I enjoyed it.


My foot is still disgustingly swollen and bruised, but at least I am mobile, up to a point.


Most of the day was spent sewing - more of that in a moment.


I'm sorry Jonny, I know we said that your room would belong to you forever and we wouldn't take in lodgers...
Bennie decided that it was the perfect place to have a snooze.


Shortly afterwards I was passing the door and found
that Toby had decided that anything a cat could do he could do better.  As you can see your vintage suitcases are exactly where you left them - we haven't had any lodgers in since you left.


I have had a lot of fun today making spotty turquoise blue hamsters.  They have had a lot of fun posing in the garden
The hedgehogs have ignored this lovely eco lodge for long enough - this chap decided it would definitely suit him
and this little one was amazed at the quality of the fresh Lincolnshire air
and the warmth of the midday sun.


Well, it amused me to make them - the pattern I used is about 40 years old and they do have a look of the 70's about them - but I think they are rather cute.


With lots of love,


Mum
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.