PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Friday 19 August 2011

DAWN OF A NEW DAY


The dawn of a brand new day from the corner of the field.  
Will the harvesters come?  


Today is a Baking day - possibly something to do with the Village Show?  The Rayburn is fired-up and so am I.  More photos to follow as the day progresses - wish me luck.


Bon Voyage, Jonny.
x


PS: First job was to make lemon curd - it took ages - but I think it turned out reasonably well.


Then I made cheese scones


and they look pretty yummy too.


The biscuits are so-so, the Victoria Sponge Cake was dreadful and only fit for home consumption (probably by the hens), my painted stone is ok, but not fantastic, the two flower arrangements are very amateurish but pretty.


I am now officially tired and ready to have a cup of tea and a bath.  At least all this activity has kept my mind from worrying about Jonny!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.