PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Wednesday 10 August 2011

Jonathan Lends his Mum a Very Nice Camera!

I tried to take photographs of the dogs, cats, and hens today.  I failed miserably as by the time I had got them posed, in focus, and the camera had thought about taking the picture, the moment had gone - and so had my subject.


Jonny came to the rescue with a lovely 'old' camera of his.  He gave me a quick tutorial and so now we are all set.


In a little under a week Jonathan will go to London and spend the night with our son Tim and daughter-in-law Isis,  before flying out to China.  Exciting times.  Funny to think that 50 years and 4 months ago I flew out to Hong Kong with my parents and two brothers - we spent 3 years out there - before returning to England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.