PEAR TREE LOG

pear tree log: I started this blog to keep my younger son, Jonny, in touch with life in Lincolnshire, while he spent a year working in China. That year turned into five! Now he is home and training to become a physics teacher. This is simply a patchwork quilt of some of the things I enjoy - life in rural Lincolnshire, our animals, friends, architecture, books, the gardens, and things of passing interest.



Sunday 22 April 2012

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Apron


Borrowed image,  from Susan's blog

I rarely join clubs or societies, because I hate the commitment of my time.  So, it will come as a surprise to my family to learn that I am about to join a Sisterhood.

Meggie on the Prairie  (her blog is beautiful, and always interesting, so do check it out) was awarded the apron by
Susan, of My Mother's Apron Strings.  Susan's blog is full of wonderful recipes...one word of advice, never read it when you are hungry.

This beautiful apron was made by Susan,  and awarded to Meggie.  Meggie decided that she would keep the apron for a couple of weeks and then pass it  on to a blog friend, and so on.  In this way it could be worn and enjoyed by many friends as it makes its way around the world and brings us all a little closer.

The adventures of this apron will be recorded in blogs, and also in a journal which will travel with it as it tours the world.

Thus was born The Sisterhood of the Travelling Susan Apron!

Meggie has very kindly selected me to be the next recipient..
 ...for once I am excited and thrilled to be joining a club!

Thank you Meggie!  Thank you Susan!
I am grateful to both of you for this wonderful opportunity to participate.

I'll let you know when the apron arrives and my part in the adventure begins.

Later addition:  You can read all about my adventures here!   I had a truly magical and emotional time.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to read some of the adventures of this lovely apron. We do something like this at my school. The kids make a small cut out of out themselves and then mail it to a loved one near or far away and the that person takes the cut out on all their adventures. They document it with photos and hand written letters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, It will be fun to watch its progress. Your school project sounds wonderful! Keep reading for the further adventures of this beautiful apron.

      Delete
  2. It's such a fabulous idea - how wonderful to have been chosen by Meggie to be the first recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scarlet, It is a superb idea and should make for a lot of fun. I am very grateful to Meggie for giving me the chance to wear it, now I have to hope my cooking skills can live up to it...or it could make for an embarrassing post!

      Delete
  3. Fab idea-all power to the sisterhood-or at least to the sisterhood's apron!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Green Dragonette, It is a marvellous idea and the apron looks beautiful. Now I have my work cut out to try to maintain Meggie and Susan's standards. Help!

      Delete
  4. What great adventures. As amazing as flat Albert, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, That beautiful apron is sure to have some wonderful adventures - even making it through the postal system will be the first! Then it faces my cooking.

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh...DO NOT cook anything that may stain that beautiful apron...it will be there for all of blogland to see!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane, That has just upped the stress levels - I have to cook something photogenic and keep clean! Eeek!

      Delete
  6. How fun!! ANd I have a bag made out of that very fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Knatolee, Isn't the fabric beautiful - lucky you! Sending the apron and a journal off on a voyage is a wonderful idea and should make for some fun reading.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, Thank you, I feel very privileged indeed. Now I must look to my laurels and cook something worthy of it!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.